Welcome to Our Site!
The South Carolina Commission for Minority Affairs was created in 1993 by the General Assembly to provide the citizens of the State with a single point of contact for information regarding the State’s minority populations.
Our Mission is to be a catalyst that identifies and examines emerging issues and trends by providing constructive solutions, and approaches to support the policy and socio-economic development of ethnic minority communities through:
- Community engagement and awareness;
- State recognition of Native Americans;
- Collecting, diagnosing and analyzing collaborative data;
- Acting as a liaison bridging the gap between communities, government agencies and other organizations; and
- Influencing public policy and state services
Our Vision is that all ethnic minority citizens of the state of South Carolina will be treated equitably and achieve economic prosperity through socio-cultural awareness, collaboration, policy change and research.